Labour Market Information
In a nutshell, labour market information tells you about the local or national demand there is for different skills and from different industries. Labour market information tells you:
- Which jobs are likely to be easiest or hardest to find in your area?
- Which are the big employers in different areas and which ones have jobs on offer?
- What skills employers are looking for and which are in short supply?
- How much you can expect to be paid in specific jobs?
- What working conditions are like?
- What qualifications will be most helpful if you want a certain career?
- What the jobs of the future might look like and which jobs might disappear?
All of these factors can help you make a more informed decision about what career path to take. Depending on where you live, and whether you’re willing to move, that might mean you need to adjust your career plans.
Did you know that:
- One in five jobs coming up in the next five years are predicted to be in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) industries?
Lancashire LMI Fact Sheets
Warwick University Labour Market Trends
A guide based on research and data from the UK Commission for Employment and Skills (UKCES), highlighting a range of jobs which are all Careers of the Future.