Parents / Carers / New students,
Welcome to the Carr Hill Year 7 Transition page, as we begin the process of Year 6 moving from Primary School into Year 7 at Secondary School. We understand that you may be feeling anxious at this time, we hope this information will help to ease your concerns during this transition period.
This page will help you with all aspects of the transition process. We have recently posted out to you hard copies of most of the information on this page.
This includes -
- Introduction Letter
- Equipment Lists
- Uniform and PE kit lists, including the Uniform Shop details
- Travel information including bus time table, bus operator information, bus pass information and application forms
- Our introductory PowerPoint presentation - Welcome to Carr Hill
- Information on how to access Moodle and Show my Homework
- Year 7 contact information - Head of Year and Mentors
The packs posted to you contain personal information not included on the website, these include -
- Your child's mentor group
- Your child's lunch PIN
- Information on our cashless system
Transition video from Mr Waller - Headteacher and Mr Penney - Head of Year 7
Introduction videos from your Mentors
Accelerated Reader Programme
Please find here a Parent's Guide to the Accelerated Reader Programme.
All About Me
We are asking you to complete an 'All about me' task which will help Mr Penney and your Mentor teacher get to know you better. Please complete and email to email@example.com or send into school addressed to Mr Penney.
Please see below optional activities for students to participate in over the rest of this term and the summer holidays. This will support students in their academic transition to Carr Hill. We will be providing transition activities from multiple departments over the coming weeks, to ease students concerns and reaffirm that the work they will be expected to complete at the start of Year 7 will be a continuation of work they have done at Primary School. The first of these Transition Activities is Literacy.
Transition Activity - Literacy