Sixth Form Students Set for Success with Outstanding Examination Results
17 August 2017
Overall the Sixth Form celebrated a 99% pass rate with particularly outstanding results in Art & Design, Business Studies, Health & Social Care, IT, Music Technology, Photography, Product Design and Sport.
Almost half of all subjects achieved 100% A*-C grades. Additionally, students who studied Applied Science, Business Studies, Core Maths, IT, Music Technology and Sport all achieved grade A or above (or equivalent).
Individual successes include:
- Abigail who achieved a grade A* in Art & Design, A in Photography and B in English Literature. Abigail will study Fine Art at Cleveland College of Art and Design.
- Alice achieved Distinction* in Sport, Distinction* in Health & Social Care and Distinction* in Business Studies. Alice will go on to study Sport and Physical Education at the University of Central Lancashire.
- Rachel achieved A* in Photography, B in English Literature and C in Media Studies. Rachel will study Photography at the University of Central Lancashire.
- Elizabeth achieved A in Photography, A in English Literature and C in Psychology. Elizabeth will Study Japanese at York St John University.
- Mark achieved Distinction* in Music Technology, Distinction* in IT and C in Media Studies. Mark will study Music Technology at Leeds Beckett University.
Andrew Waller, Headteacher at Carr Hill High School & Sixth Form Centre praised staff and students for outstanding results:
“I am thrilled with the superb outcomes achieved by students this year, particularly considering many students have studied brand new A-Level courses. A huge thank you to staff for their dedication and hard work in supporting our students. The results achieved will allow students to progress to university courses, apprenticeships and employment. I wish students well for their future”
Carr Hill Sixth Form is enrolling students to courses beginning in September 2017 from Thursday 24 August 2017. Places are still available on some courses and anyone interested in joining the Sixth Form is encouraged to contact the school on 01772 682008 or by visiting the website www.carrhillschool.com.
Tags: Sixth Form